The Donella Meadows Institute is eager to share the materials in our archive as widely as possible. We have placed over 700 of our articles under a Creative Commons license, including Dana’s Dear Folks letters and Global Citizens columns. Other archive items and pieces not authored by Institute staff are still held under private copyright.
To repost, reprint, or share materials designated as Creative Commons, please:
- Attribute the work to its original author
- Do not use the work for commercial purposes
- Do not alter, transform, or add to the content of the work
- Send a note about how you used the work to infodonellameadowsorg, including a link if online
To read the complete information regarding this Creative Commons license, please visit the license explanation page.
To use any materials NOT covered by a Creative Commons license, please email your request to infodonellameadowsorg.
We are usually happy to grant permission for other works, but we ask that you send us some more information about your specific project before we do. In your request, please include the following information:
- The name of the individual/organization that will be using the work
- The work or section of work that you would like to use
- The project in which the work will be used–book, course pack, blog article, etc
- The nature of the project (commercial or non-commerical) and its intended audience
- The context in which the work will be displayed, such as an excerpt of the surrounding text or the chapter in which the work will appear
We also ask that you please send us a copy of your publication once it is complete if it contains work under our copyright.
If you are unsure about what type of license applies to a specific work, please contact us.